Cheese and egg
Brunch is eaten between breakfast and lunch, and is a substitute for both these meals. Brunch is eaten in the late morning. The word is a portmanteau of breakfast and lunch. The meal usually involves standard breakfast foods such as eggs, sausages, bacon, ham, fruits, pastries, pancakes, and the like.
Oven baked Caliente cheese and egg is a perfect brunch meal. Give this recipe a try!
- 8 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups Monterey jack cheese — shredded
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese — shredded
- 1/3 cup green bell peppers — minced
- 2 tablespoons black olives — sliced
- 2 tablespoons green chiles — chopped
1. Lightly grease a 9-inch square pan. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine eggs and Tabasco sauce in a mixing bowl. Use high speed on mixer to beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
3. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well then stir in cheeses, green pepper, olives and green chiles.
4. Pour into prepared pan and bake 20-25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Cut into 36 pieces for appetizer or into larger portions for serving with a spicy tomato sauce or salsa.
* This will make 36 appetizers or about 8 brunch-sized servings.