Coconuts are part of the daily diet of many people. Coconuts are different from any other fruits because they contain a large quantity of “water” and when immature they are known as tender-nuts or jelly-nuts and may be harvested for drinking. (Wikipedia)
- 1/4 cups orange juice
- 1/4 cups pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk ‐‐ *
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 teaspoons ginger root ‐‐ fresh, peeled, grated
- 1/2 cups crushed ice or 2 small ice cubes
* can be made from fresh or dried coconut or purchased bottled. Do not use the canned coconut mix for mixed drinks as it is very sweet and different.
How to Prepare:
- If using fresh coconut, cut coconut meat into 1ʺ pieces & place equal amounts of coconut & hot water in food processor or blender.
- Puree at high speed for a couple of minutes, let steep for 30 minutes. Then pour into a strainer set over a bowl.
- Press on the pulp and squeeze by the handful to extract as milk as possible.
- Pour the milk through a fine‐mesh strainer.
- For dried coconut: use 1 cup p unsweetened, dried coconut with 1 1/2 cups hot tap water.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Puree one minute and proceed as above.
- Will keep up to three days refrigerated and indefinitely, if frozen.
- Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.