Bananas are a staple starch for many tropical populations. Depending upon cultivar and ripeness, the flesh can vary in taste from starchy to sweet, and texture from firm to mushy. Bananas are an excellent source of vitamin B6, soluble fiber, and contain moderate amounts of vitamin C, manganese and potassium. Its fiber content may help in controlling blood sugar levels. (Wikipedia)
- 2/3 c. margarine
- 4 pkg. Sweet ‘n Low or 2 or 3 tsp.
- 2 eggs, separated (stiffly beat whites)
- 1 c. mashed bananas
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 c. chopped nuts
- Cream Sweet ‘n Low and margarine.
- Add egg yolks and mix well. Add bananas, sift dry ingredients.
- Add alternately with sour cream to shortening mixture. Mix until well blended.
- Add vanilla, stiffly beaten egg whites and nuts.
- Pour into two 8×8 or 9×9 inch square pans