A slow cooker, also known as a Crock-Pot is a countertop electrical cooking appliance that is used for simmering, which requires maintaining a relatively low temperature for many hours, allowing unattended cooking of pot roast, stews, soups, boiled dinners and other suitable dishes. Slow cooking leaves the gelatinised tissue in the meat, so that it may be advantageous to start with a richer liquid. (Wikipedia)
- 2 pounds pork — 2 to 3 (boneless country-style pork ribs or pork stew meat)
- 1 medium onion — diced
- 16 ounces green salsa (salsa verde)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder — or more if needed
- 1 teaspoon cumin — (1 to 2) 2 cloves garlic — minced, or more if needed
How to Prepare:
- If possible, rub the pork with the chili powder and cumin and let marinate overnight. This isn't critical, but it does make sure the meat gets well seasoned before cooking.
- Place pork in crock pot; add seasonings if above step was not performed.
- Then toss in garlic and onion, top with the green salsa.
- Turn crock pot on Low and let cook for 8 hours.
- Enjoy with shredded cheese, sour cream, etc.