Any agreeable combination of fruits which may be obtained during the same season will be suitable for summer mix salad. The combination given in the accompanying recipe includes strawberries, pineapple, and cherries. However, pineapple and cherries may be used alone, or strawberries and pineapple may be used without the cherries, or red raspberries may be used to garnish such a salad.
- 3/4 c. strawberries, cut into halves
- 3/4 c. pineapple, cut into dice
- 3/4 c. sweet cherries, seeded
- Fruit-salad dressing
- Prepare the fruits just before serving.
- Put them together, place on salad plates garnished with lettuce.
- Serve with the fruit-salad dressing.