The English muffin is a type of light bread leavened with yeast. It is usually baked in a flat-sided disc-shaped tin, typically about 8 cm in diameter. Muffins are usually split in two, toasted, traditionally in front of an open fire or stove using a toasting fork, and served hot with butter. Muffins are also served as a snack at cafes or split and filled like a sandwich.
Pizza is an oven-baked, flat, round bread typically topped with a tomato sauce, cheese and various toppings. In restaurants, pizza can be baked in an oven with stone bricks above the heat source, an electric deck oven, a conveyor belt oven or, in the case of more expensive restaurants, a wood- or coal-fired brick oven. (Wikipedia)
- 6 English muffins; split
- 6 oz Tomato paste or pizza sauce
- Garlic powder
- Basil (optional)
- Soy cheese substitute
- Green peppers
- Place English muffin halves on an ungreased baking sheet and spread each half with tomato paste.
- Sprinkle with oregano, basil and garlic powder.
- Arrange toppings; sprinkle with cheese substitute.
- Freeze two hours, or until firm.
- Wrap individually. Return to freezer.
- To heat, bake unwrapped at 450 F for 12 minutes.