Germany is known for its broad variety and long tradition of preparing sausages. German sausages includes the Frankfurters or Wieners.
Cocktail franks are a party favorite. This appetizer has plenty of variations. For this recipe, cocktail wieners and pineapple are combined in order to give you the best gastronomic experience. Savor the taste and let this dish fire up your appetite. (Wikipedia)
- 1 lb. cocktail wieners or franks, cut in 1″ pieces
- 2 tsp. French's mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- Combine all ingredients except wieners (see *note).
- Heat, stirring until sauce comes to a boil. Add wieners and heat through.
- Keep in a chafing dish or Crockpot on warm setting.
- Serve with cocktail forks or toothpicks.
Note: Use only half the amount of vinegar at first, since some vinegars are stronger than others; an excellent quality vinegar will make the dish while a cheap vinegar will be overpowering. Taste after mixing; if the vinegar is too strong, add the remaining 1/4 cup in water. Adjust to your own taste.
Makes 4 or 5 dozen appetizers.