A lemon cream pie is a type of pie filled with a rich custard or pudding that is made from milk, cream, flour, eggs and lemon. A constant feature of all cream pies is the whipped cream topping. (Wikipedia)
Prep Time: 30 mins to make, 3 hours chill
- 1/2 C ground nuts (macadamias or walnuts)
- 2 packets Splenda
- 1/4 C bake mix
- 3 T melted butter
- 1/2 Pint (8 fl oz) heavy cream
- 1 package sugar-free Lemon Jell-o
- 3/4 C water
- 1 packet Splenda
How to Prepare:
- Chop nuts in a food processor, or by hand. Try to get as fine a grind as possible without turning them to butter.
- Combine nuts, bake mix, and Splenda in a bowl.
- Add in melted butter and blend until you have a crumbly mixture that will hold its shape if pressed together (you may not need the entire 3 T of butter).
- Grease a pie dish (7-8″ works best), and pour in crust mixture. Press firmly into the bottom and sides of the pan, coming up the side about 2″. Bake this in a 300 F Degree preheated oven for about 10-14 minutes, until it just barely begins to darken
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Heat 3/4 C water in a small saucepan. When boiling, add the package of Jell-o. Stir to dissolve completely, then take off heat. Chill until the Jell-o liquid is cold, but not starting to set (about 20 mins in the refrigerator).
- Pour 3/4 C of heavy cream into a chilled bowl (the other 1/4 C will be whipped for a topping, but this is to be done just before serving). Beat until very stiff peaks form.
- Add the chilled Jell-o liquid to the whipped cream. Beat for a few seconds, just enough to fully mix. Pour the filling into the cooled pie crust and spread to form an even top.
- Place in the refrigerator and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Just before serving, beat the remaining 1/4 C of heavy cream, adding Splenda to taste. Cut the pie into pieces and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.