An attractive salad in which vegetables of almost any kind, fresh or canned, may be used to advantage is the stuffed tomato salad. Medium-sized, well-ripened tomatoes are best to select. The vegetables that may be used for the stuffing are celery, radishes, onions, cucumbers, cooked asparagus, green peas, and string beans. Any one or any desirable combination of these vegetables will make a satisfactory filling.
- 6 medium-sized tomatoes
- French dressing
- 1 1/2 c. diced vegetables
- Mayonnaise dressing
- Cut out the stem and blossom ends of the tomatoes and hollow out the center so as to leave a shell.
- Dice the contents of the tomatoes and mix with the other diced vegetables.
- Marinate the diced vegetables with French dressing and put into the tomato shells, heaping each one as shown.
- Place on lettuce leaves and serve with mayonnaise.