A sandwich is a food item, consisting of two or more slices of bread with one or more fillings between them. They generally contain a combination of salad vegetables, meat, cheese, and a variety of sauces or savory spreads. They are widely sold in restaurants and cafes.
The sandwich is the namesake of John Montagu, 4th Earl of Sandwich. (Wikipedia)
- 7 oz Water packed tuna;
- 1/2 c Mayonnaise; (low-cal 4 me)
- 1 ts Lemon juice;
- 1/4 ts Curry powder
- 1/4 ts Prepared horseradish;
- 12 sl White bread* cut in circles
- Softened Butter or Margarine
How to Prepare:
- Drain and flake tuna.
- Combine all ingredients, except bread and butter.
- Spread each bread around with butter and tuna mixture.
- Tops may be decorated with spring of parsley, bit of pimiento or olive slice.
*Makes 12 opened faced sandwiches.