The Rickey is a category of mixed drinks closely resembling a highball made from a base spirit, half of a lime squeezed and dropped in the glass, and carbonated water. Little or no sugar is added to the Rickey. Rickeys made with gin (typically referred to simply as gin rickeys) are among the most favored of the varieties of the drink with alcohol included. (Wikipedia)
- 1 1/2 ounces gin
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice — (juice of 1/2 lime)
- 6 ounces club soda — (or to fill)
How to Prepare:
- Fill a highball glass with ice.
- Add gin and lime juice.
- Fill with club soda and stir.
- Garnish with a wedge of lime.