The fruit flesh may be creamy white or deep yellow. It has a delicate aroma, and a skin that is either velvety. Peaches were mentioned in Chinese writings as far back as the 10th century BC and were a favored fruit of kings and emperors. In Korea, the peach is seen as the fruit of happiness, riches, honors and longevity. (Wikipedia)
- 1 1/4 cups plain low fat yogurt
- 1 pound ripe peaches, peeled, pitted, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cups honey
- 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Divide 1 cup yogurt among 8 sections of ice cube tray.
- Freeze until yogurt cubes are solid, at least 4 hours. (can be prepared 1 day ahead, keep frozen)
- Puree peaches with lemon juice in processor or blender.
- Add remaining 1/4 cups yogurt, honey and vanilla.
- Process until mixture is well blended.
- Add frozen yogurt cubes and process until mixture is smooth and frothy.
- Pour into chilled tall glasses and serve.