The combination of fruits given in the accompanying recipe makes a very good salad, but it need not be adhered to strictly. If one or more of the fruits is not in supply, it may be omitted and some other used. In case canned pineapple is used for the salad, the juice from the fruit may be utilized in making a fruit salad dressing.
- 1 grapefruit
- 2 oranges
- 1 banana
- 2 apples
- 2 slices pineapple
- Salad dressing
- Prepare the grapefruit and oranges according to the directions previously given.
- Slice the banana crosswise into 1/4-inch slices and cut each slice into four sections.
- Dice the apples and cut the pineapple in narrow wedge-shaped pieces. Mix the fruit just before serving.
- Add the salad dressing, which may be fruit-salad dressing, French dressing, or some other desirable salad dressing, by mixing it with the fruit or merely pouring it over the top.
- Serve on salad plates garnished with lettuce leaves. Place a maraschino cherry on top.
Sufficient to Serve Six.