Casseroles usually consist of pieces of meat, various chopped vegetables, a starchy binder such as flour, potato or pasta, and, often, a crunchy or cheesy topping. Liquids are released from the meat and vegetables during cooking, and further liquid in the form of stock, wine, beer, gin, cider, or vegetable juice may be added when the dish is assembled. Casseroles are usually cooked slowly in the oven, often uncovered. They may be served as a main course or a side dish. (Wikipedia)
- 12 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound pork browned and drained
- 1 package frozen spinach — thawed
- 1 pinch seasoning
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Swiss cheese
How to Prepare:
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease casserole dish with butter.
- In a bowl, combine cream, egg, and the egg yolks.
- Pour cream/egg mixture over everything else, browned and simmering.
- Bake 30 minutes.