A mousse is a prepared food that incorporates air bubbles to give it a light and airy texture. It can range from light and fluffy to creamy and thick, depending on preparation techniques. A mousse may be sweet or savory. Dessert mousses are typically made with whipped egg whites or whipped cream, and generally flavored with chocolate or puréed fruit. (Wikipedia)
- 8 oz Semisweet chocolate
- 3 tb Powdered sugar
- 3 tb Hot strong coffee
- 3 Egg yolks
- 8 oz Frozen whipped topping; Thawed, divided
- In a double boiler over simmering water, melt chocolate.
- Remove top pan from heat; stir in sugar and coffee.
- Add one yolk at a time, stirring until smooth.
- Place top pan over boiling water; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until thick.
- Pour into bowl; chill 6-8 minutes.Fold in 3 cups whipped topping. spoon into dishes. Top with whipped topping.