Lasagna is an Italian dish that has satisfied the taste of many. This meal is the perfect harmony of flat pasta, meat sauces, and fresh herbs, baked well in an oven. Try this ricotta cheese and basil lasagna recipe. For sure, it will awaken your senses and appease your cravings. (Wikipedia)
- 1 pound fresh lasagna noodles
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour — sifted salt and white pepper
- pinch of nutmeg
- 2 cups milk — warmed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh basil — finely chopped
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese — grated
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh basil — chopped
- Cook the lasagna sheets in boiling salted water, a few at a time, until al dente. Remove carefully and drain between dish towels. Melt butter in a saucepan and stir in flour.
- Add a little salt, pepper and nutmeg and cook over a gentle heat until flour begins to change color. Slowly whisk in warm milk until sauce is smooth and thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 tablespoon basil, the ricotta and half the Parmesan. Check seasonings. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a greased baking dish, or lasagna pan, place a sheet of pasta, followed by a thin layer of ricotta mixture.
- Sprinkle this with some Parmesan and extra basil. Continue to layer in this order, finishing with the last of the sauce and Parmesan. Bake for just 20 minutes and serve hot.
Serving Ideas : Serve as an appetizer or luncheon entree.