Other popular choices paired up with melted cheese are ham, roast beef, chicken, and turkey. These are known as patty melts. Patty melts were a staple of the traditional U.S. diner and were commonly found on menus as far back as the 1950s and possibly the 1940s. (Wikipedia)
- 2 slices leftover roast beef
- 2 green pepper slices — cut in 2 inch pieces
- 3 mushrooms — sliced
- 2 onion slice — cut in 2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons LC Ranch Dressing
- Mozzarella cheese to cover
How to Prepare:
- Place roast beef on a heat proof plate or pan.
- Saute vegetables in butter until tender-crisp and place on top of beef.
- Spread dressing over the vegetables and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Broil until cheese is hot and bubbly.
*This is a quick and easy way to use up leftover roast.