Sheep meat prepared for food is known as either mutton or lamb. Throughout modern history, “mutton” has been limited to the meat of mature sheep usually at least two years of age; “lamb” is used for that of immature sheep less than a year. Sheep meat and milk were one of the earliest staple proteins consumed by humans. (Wikipedia)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried onion — minced
- 5 pounds leg of lamb
How to Prepare:
- Combine all ingredients expect lamb. Rub mixture over outside of lamb.
- Place leg, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow pan.
- Roast at 400 degrees for 2 hours, or until done to your tastes.