A health shake is a blended drink intended to be, or marketed as being, healthy for one to consume. They are a more nutrient rich relative of the milk shake. (Wikipedia)
Apples Smoothies are a type of health shake made by blending slices of apples. Cream are usually added.
Serves: 4 (8‐ounces) servings
- 2 cups vanilla low‐fat ice cream
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon or apple pie spice
- 1 cup fat free skim or 1% low fat milk
- Ground cinnamon (optional)
- In a blender container, combine low‐fat ice cream, applesauce, and the 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon or apple pie spice.
- Cover and blend until smooth. Add fat free skim or 1% low fat milk.
- Cover and blend until just mixed. Pour into glasses. If desired, sprinkle each serving with additional cinnamon.