Café au lait is a French coffee drink. The meaning of the term differs between Europe and the United States; in both cases it means some kind of coffee with hot milk added, in contrast to white coffee, which is coffee with room temperature milk or other whitener added. This coffee, when mixed with various sweet ingredients and frozen for several hours, can turn into a cafe au lait pie. (Wikipedia)
- 1/2 cup coffee — strong
- 1/2 can condensed milk, sweetened — Eagle Brand
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 meringue pie shell
How to Prepare:
- Blend coffee into condensed milk.
- Whip cream; fold into coffee mixture.
- Pour into meringue shell; garnish with pecans.
- Chill or freeze until firm.
*This pie is so rich, so easy,and so good! If you prefer,you can serve the filling in parfait dishes, topped with pecans, rather than in a pie. You can also add 1/4 cup of chopped pecans to the filling.