Chai tea or Masala chai (literally “mixed-spice tea”) is a beverage from India made by brewing tea with a mixture of aromatic Indian spices and herbs. Many Western commercial preparations use non-traditional ingredients such as vanilla, relegating the traditional masala spices to a relatively minor role. (Wikipedia)
Prep Time: As long as it takes to boil water
- 5 cups water 1/2 cup heavy cream (unsweetened)
- 1 scoop Atkins vanilla shake mix
- 4 decaffinated tea bags
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ginger 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 3/4 tsp. nutmeg 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
How to Prepare:
- Mix shake mix with 1 cup of water and set aside.
- In a saucepan/pot, mix all other ingredients, and bring to a boil.
- Once mixture has come to a FULL boil, turn the heat off and briskly mix in the shake mix/water.
- Cover with a lid and let steep for 5 mins. Make sure that you strain this before drinking, the spices don't melt.
- You can adjust the spices to taste. And include other spices, such as anise, cardemom, and lemon or orange zest.