A muffin is an American English name for a type of semi-sweet cake or quick bread that is baked and generally single-serving. They are similar to cupcakes, although they are usually less sweet and lack frosting. They may have sweet fillings, such as chocolate, toffee, lemons, or blueberries. Savory varieties, such as cornbread muffins or cheese muffins or sometimes just plain muffins, also exist. (Wikipedia)
- 3/4 c Milk
- 1/4 c Butter, melted
- 1 Egg
- 1 3/4 c Flour, all-purpose
- 1/3 c Brown sugar, packed
- 2 1/2 ts Baking powder
- 3/4 ts Salt
- 1/2 c Chocolate chips, semisweet
- 1/2 c Walnuts, chopped
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.; line 12 medium muffin cups with paper baking cups or grease bottoms only of muffin cups.
- Beat milk, margarine and egg. Stir in remaining ingredients, all at once, just until flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy).
- Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.