A chocolate truffle is a type of chocolate confectionery, traditionally made with a chocolate ganache center coated in chocolate or cocoa powder, usually in a spherical, conical, or curved shape. Other fillings may replace the ganache: cream, melted chocolate, caramel, nuts, almonds, berries, or other assorted sweet fruits, nougat, fudge, or toffee, mint, chocolate chips, marshmallow, and, popularly, liqueur. (Wikipedia)
Serves: 3 dozen truffles
- ½ Cup unsalted butter
- 2 1/3 C confectioner’s sugar
- ½ C cocoa
- 1/4 cup heavy or whipping cream 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
*Centers: pecan, walnuts, whole almonds or after-dinner mints
*Coatings: coconut, crushed nuts,confectioners sugar
How to Prepare:
- Cream butter in large mixer bowl.
- Combine 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar and the cocoa; add alternately with cream and vanilla to butter.
- Blend well. Chill until firm. Shape small amount of mixture around desired center; roll into 1 inch balls.
- Drop into desired coating and turn until well covered. Chill until firm.