Ice cream is a frozen dessert usually made from dairy products, such as milk and cream, and often combined with fruits or other ingredients and flavors. Ice cream was made by hand in a large bowl placed inside a tub filled with ice and salt. This was called the pot-freezer method. In the pot-freezer method, the temperature of the ingredients is reduced by the mixture of crushed ice and salt. The salt water is cooled by the ice, and the action of the salt on the ice causes it to (partially) melt. (Wikipedia)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 packages artificial sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon syrup of your choice(or extract)
How to Prepare:
- Place ingredients in a small ziploc and seal well.
- Place inside a gallon sized ziploc with ice and salt.
- Set bag on a towel beside you on the couch and flip and jiggle the bag around for about 15 minutes, until set.