Jam or fruit preserves are preparations of fruits, vegetables and sugar, often canned or sealed for long-term storage. The preparation of fruit preserves today often involves adding commercial or natural pectin as a gelling agent, although sugar or honey may be used, as well.
It has been shown that a high fiber diet, which may be present in fruits, may control blood sugar levels with the same efficacy as oral diabetes drugs. (Wikipedia)
- 1 c. berries
- 3/4 c. sugar-free strawberry pop
- 1 pkg. strawberry sugar-free Jello
- 3 packets Equal
- Mash the berries, add soda pop and cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in Jello until dissolved.
- Stir in sweetener and pour in jars. Seal and store in refrigerator.
- Yields about 1 1/4 cups. You may use other fruits such as raspberries, peaches or cherries.