Cream-filled cookies or sandwich cookies are rolled or pressed cookies that are assembled as a sandwich with a sweet filling. Fillings include marshmallow, jam, and icing. The Oreo cookie, made of two chocolate cookies with a vanilla icing filling, is an example. (Wikipedia)
- 2 c Cream-filled Cookies *
- 6 tb Margarine, Softened
- 1 ea Env. Unflavored Gelatin
- 1/4 c Cold Water
- 8 oz Cream Cheese Softened
- 1/2 c Sugar
- 3/4 c Milk
- 1 c Whipping Cream, Whipped
- 1 1/4 c Creme-filled Cookies **
* The cookies (24) should be chocolate cream filled cookies and be to as fine as can be done.
** These cookies should be chocolate cream filled cookies and should be coarsely chopped.
How to Prepare:
- Combine cookie crumbs and margarine; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Soften gelatin in water; stir over low heat until dissolved.
- Combine cream cheese and sugar, mixing at medium speed on an electric mixer until well blended.
- Gradually add gelatin mixture and milk, mixing until well blended.
- Chill until mixture is thickened but not set.
- Fold in whipped cream. Reserve 1 1/2 C cream cheese mixture;
- Pour remaning cream cheese mixture over crust.
- Top with cookies and reserved cream cheese mixture. Chill until firm.