Arnold Reuben developed the recipe for New York cheesecake in 1929 after eating a slice of cheese pie at a friend's home. He altered his hostess’ recipe and eventually developed his own version of cheesecake which relies on cream cheese rather than cottage cheese as most other bakeries did at the time. Reuben then served his new creation, the New York cheesecake in his restaurant which became a hit in no time. (Wikipedia)
Prep Time: 20 mins prep/ 1 hr cook / 8 hrs chill
- Crumb Crust
- 1 1/2 cups Crushed Low Carb Cinnamon Nutrageous Granola ( by expert foods) Net 3 carbs per 1/2 cup
- 5 Tbsp. Butter
- 1/3 cup Splenda 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 lbs cream cheese 1 c.splenda
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract 1 tsp Lemon juice 4 eggs
How to Prepare:
- For the crust, stir together crust ingredients and press onto the bottom of the spring pan and 1 inch of the sides of a buttered 24 cm spring pan. Fill immediately or chill up to 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Use your mixer on the lowest speed. beat the cream cheese no more than 30 seconds stop the bowl and scrape the beaters. Add the sugar in a stream, mixing no more than 30 seconds.
- Stop and scrape. Add Vanilla, lemon juice and one egg at a time mix only until each egg is absorbed no more than 30 seconds at a time. Stop and scrape after each addition.
- Wrap aluminum foil around the bottom of the spring form pan so that is at least 1 inch up the sides place the pan in a roasting pan and pour warm water into the pan to a depth of 1/2 inch.
- Bake for 60 minutes or untl lightly colored and firm except for the very center. Remove from the pan of hot water. Remove the foil and cool completely on a rack.
- Wrap the cheese cake in plastic or foil and chill overnight before unmolding.