Dijon is famous for its mustard: the term Dijon mustard designates a method of making a particularly strong mustard relish. In general, mustards from Dijon today contain white wine rather than verjuice.
Dijon mustard shops also feature exotic or unusually-flavored mustard (fruit-flavoured, for example), often sold in decorative hand-painted faience (china) pots. (Wikipedia)
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 ounces mushroom pieces — do not drain
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup water
How to Prepare:
- Season meat. Mix dijon mustard with water. Melt butter in skillet and add garlic. Saute for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken breast(or other meat)and let cook for 5-6 minutes. Turn, add remaining ingredients to pan and cover.
- Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes or until meat is cooked through. Remove meat and raise heat.
- Let sauce reduce slightly.
- Pour over meat to serve.